Thursday 1 January 2009

Jeff

Good New Years everyone? Technically, I did not. Fortunately i was so drunk my many mishaps don't seem to have dulled my thoughts on the evening and i feel like a rather enjoyed myself. Nice.




Anyhow, as heads will be hurting today, i thought i'd start of the year by putting up some mellow folk in the shape of Jeffrey Lewis. I've finally found an old track of his I haven't heard for two or three years and have not been able to get hold of for love nor money. It's not quite Don't Be Upset, but it's pretty cool none the less. So see what you think.

Not quite sure what little Jeff is up to at the moment, but if you ever have the opportunity to go see him live, do it. It's a bizarrely different experience. And i'm quite hoping he'll have a new album out soon as City And Eastern Songs was one of the best records out in 2006 and 2007's 12 Crass Songs, where he reinterpreted, ronseal style, 12 Crass songs into his own style Marvelous!

Jeffrey Lewis - Flippity Floppity,

Jeffrey Lewis - the Last Time I Did Acid I Went Insane

Jeffrey Lewis - Together We form Jeff

Note: This stuff is a bit more abstract than his more recent stuff. The production isn't great, but you can see why Rough Trade picked up on him back in 2001.

Happy 2009.

Love,

James.

X

No comments: