Saturday 20 December 2008

Frankmusik



So, we've heard of Frankmusik, right? Frankly (no pun intended), it has been pretty hard to investigate new music or gig line-ups, or even walk around London without seeing his name pop up somewhere, be it on blogs, on posters, at gigs or even in the broadsheets. He as been consistently listed as one of the most exciting up and coming producers the country has to offer.

Now, I have been criminally ignoring him until a couple weeks ago when my friend KiD COLA rang me up to say that Frankmusik had sent him a message to let him know that he (KiD) was his new favourite artist of the moment. I figured that was pretty cool since he was quite a big name, but i wasn't familiar with the music. So i wandered home after dinner and pulled up his myspace page. It was here that i found myself quite shocked that it had taken me this long to get around to listening to the young chap, as his productions turn out to be simply delightful pieces of alternative pop which deserve nothing less than to be heard by everyone and need to HUGE!

Check out this little gem you can hear on his myspace page:

Frankmusik - Vacant Heart

I hope you enjoy it as much as i do. And if you're in Scotland, it might almost be worth paying the ticket cost for that Keane gig to catch him in support.



James.


X

No comments: