Monday 3 September 2007

it's been a while

My contributions to the blog recently have been, well limited. Apologies. It's been a busy couple of months with the finishing of uni, Ibiza, moving back to Leeds, moving to London, finding a house, finding a job etc. etc. and of course all the required raving in between.
I feel this should be resolved.
Chuck has mentioned a lot of stuff, events, gigs etc. I was there for most of them, however they do not need mentioning again. One thing he didn't mention and one of the best things I've been to this summer was Gui Boratto at Plastic People, Shoreditch. A truly awesome gig, one of just a couple of UK dates that Gui has played this year. Low ceilings, absolutely no lights and some fine west German minimal. I think its safe to say that the periphery was certainly circled that evening.

Gui Boratto - The Blessing

Tube and Berger feat. Vanity - Funky Shit (Gui Boratto rmx)


Here's a bunch of other tracks which I loved this summer. In no preferred, significance or chronological order; just songs that sum up summer '07 for me.

Riton - angerman (jesse rose rmx)

Matthew Dear - Don and Sherri

Robert Babicz - Sonntag

Snax - Honeymoons Over (Konrad Black rmx)


Chung King - Voodoo (Hot Chip rmx)


Modeselektor - The White Flash (feat. Thom Yorke)


Gui Boratto - Shebang

Also a couple of new ones for you. Two truly awesome tracks that I've blogged recently, does anyone think that bonde do role sound like M.I.A on the urlspracht?

The Knife - Pass this on (M.a.n.d.y and Booka Shade Knifer remix)


Bonde do Role - Solta O Frango (Ladytron remix)


I promise it won't be so long until my next post. Promise!

dav

No comments: